028 9145 6262



Buildings & Contents Insurance

Could you afford to rebuild your home or replace all your belongings?

Your home is usually the largest asset you will ever own, so protecting this asset and the contents should be one of your top priorities. Buildings and Contents insurance provides protection against the financial loss of having to repair damage to your property and replace your belongings.

If you have a mortgage, it is a requirement of the lender that you have buildings insurance in place to protect the property.

Buildings and Contents cover can be taken out separately or combined in one policy.



What to consider when arranging Buildings & Contents Insurance

What features are important to you? E.g.

Buildings Cover

  • Full Accidental damage if you accidently break or damage something
  • Trace and access cover for damage caused to find a leak
  • Excess / additional Voluntary Excess

Contents Cover

  • Full Accidental damage if you accidently break or damage something 
  • New for Old
  • Excess / additional Voluntary Excess
  • Personal items away from home
  • Value of contents
  • Single item limits
  • Freezer contents
  • Garden Contents
  • Legal Cover


You can check the defaqto rating of a policy - www.defaqto.com/star-ratings., which is an independent rating on the quality of the plan.  and includes the claims history.


Do you know exactly what is included and excluded in your policy?

Have you said yes that you have window locks but don't keep your windows locked at night and when you are out of the property?

Have you said yes that you have a burglar alarm but don't always leave it on when you are not at home?


If you would like advice on your Buildings and Contents insurance to ensure you have the cover in place that matches your requirements, don't hesitate to contact us to discuss your cover and have peace of mind.


If you prefer to arrange your own cover, you can do this using your comparison tool.

Get/Retrieve Quote  https://quote.thesource.co.uk/homeinsurance/affiliate?id=121734


If you have already applied for cover through our comparison site and want to view your policy/documents,  you can do this at

My Policy https://mypolicy.thesource.co.uk


1 4 U Financial Solutions Ltd act as a credit broker for Buildings and Contents Insurance.


We charge a Broker Fee of £199 on application and £190 on completion of your Mortgage.

1 4 U Financial Solutions Ltd is an appointed representative of PRIMIS Mortgage Network, a trading styyle of First Complete Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.  (Registration number 435779)

*Some forms of Bridging Finance and in general Buy To Let Mortgages are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Commercial Mortgages, Overseas Property & Mortgages, Wills, Probate, Trusts and Tax & Estate Planning are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. 

Pensions, Investments, Wills & Probate, Tax & Estate Planning, Overseas Property & Overseas Mortgages, Commercial Mortgages, Bridging Loans and Commercial Insurances are referred to specialist suppliers. 1 4 U Financial Solutions Ltd or First Complete Ltd are not responsible for any advice received from a third party.

This website is intended for people over 18 years of age who are resident in the UK only. The website and the information contained therein should not be regarded as an offer or solicitation to conduct business in any jurisdiction other than the UK. These pages provide generic information about various aspects of financial services advice that we provide. We hope they are helpful to you but they do not on their own add up to recommendations and we cannot take responsibility for anything you do in reliance on them without further discussion with us. Please do not make a decision based upon the information contained within these pages alone. Contact us for further advice to enable you to make an informed decision based upon your individual circumstances.